Help Sustain the Magnuson Children’s Garden
We extend a warm welcome to individuals, groups, and businesses that want to help sustain Magnuson Children’s Garden! There are multiple ways you can contribute, and each is a vital ingredient in our success:
1) Donate to the garden:
- The Seattle Parks Foundation is the Magnuson Children’s Garden non-profit fiscal sponsor, and manages all grant funding that we receive, as well as monetary donations made on our behalf. We are grateful for any amount you contribute to help fund our annual special events, plant and tool replacement, maintenance of the garden infrastructure, and more. Please visit SeattleParksFoundation.org and click on the Projects menu tab to reach our donation page.
- In-kind donations are also welcome! If you have extra garden tools, gloves, plants, art supplies, or other items that you think would benefit the Children’s Garden, please contact us at email@example.com with a description of your donation, and include a photo if possible. We’ll get back to you right away to let you know where to bring your donation (but please do not drop anything off at the garden).
2) Participate in one of our Special Events:
- We host FREE Family Day activities along with our stewardship events, that include a variety of fun, hands-on garden and nature activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Typical stewardship tasks include simple garden maintenance such as weeding and mulching beds and paths, planting and fertilizing. We provide gloves, tools, and refreshments for volunteers at all of our events too!
- King Co. Master Gardeners or other experienced gardeners are always on hand at each event to guide stewardship volunteers, answer your home gardening questions, and make all our events fun for novice gardeners as well as experienced ones.
- We can also arrange a custom stewardship event for your scout, campfire, community, or corporate group at no cost to you. For more info, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since Magnuson Children’s Garden began in 2001, partnerships have been a vital element in its sustainability. Key partners include:
- The Seattle Parks Foundation, our fiscal sponsor, manages all funds received though donations and grants, and provides expert advice on sustainability and more.
- The King County Master Gardener Program and the Master Gardener Foundation of King County provide a small annual budget as well as trained volunteers to help guide garden stewardship and special events.
- Magnuson Community Center co-hosts special events in the garden during summer and fall, such as Family Concert or Movie nights, and the Scarecrow Festival.
- United Way of King County and Seattle Works provide groups of volunteers for their annual Day of Caring and Seattle Works Day events, as well as other annual stewardship activities.
- Seattle Central College, Shoreline Community College, local Scouts and Campfire, and other community groups provide much-valued stewardship and service-learning volunteers.
- Hendrikus Organics generously provides organic fertilizers and soil conditioners to help maintain optimal garden health.
- The Wedgewood Starbucks store generously provides coffee and hot water to help our stewardship event volunteers stay happy and warm!
- We warmly welcome you to partner with us too! For more information, contact us at email@example.com
For details on Magnuson Children’s Garden upcoming special events and stewardship opportunities, visit the Magnuson Children’s Garden Events Calendar.